If time spent online in the US via personal computers were compressed into one hour, 16 minutes of it, or 27%, would be spent on social networking and forums, according to data from Experian Marketing Services.
In the UK, 13 minutes out of every hour online are spent on social networking and forums, whereas in Australia Internet users spend 14 minutes on social sites and forums, Experian said.
In the US, nine minutes out of every hour are spent on entertainment sites, and five minutes on shopping sites, according to the findings from Experian's 2013 Digital Marketer Report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]