The study, which analyzed the tweets of 1,797 marketing executives (manager level and above) in 1Q13, found that 44% of all links shared by senior marketers came from mainstream media outlets—and that most of the content was business, technology, and media focused.
Industry media was the second most shared type of content (32% of all shared links), followed by social/user generated content from sites like YouTube and Tumblr (21%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do