Pinterest is the social network most likely to drive spontaneous purchasing, whereas Twitter and Facebook users are more likely to make social media-related purchases of products they were already considering, according to a recent report by Vision Critical.
Asked whether they were already thinking of buying an item when they favorited it, 29% of surveyed Pinterest purchasers said no, compared with just 16% for Facebook and 9% for Twitter.
Below, additional key findings from the report, From Social to Sale, which was based on a survey of 5,657 consumers in the US, Canada, and the UK.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media
- New and Exciting Ways Brands Are Using AI on Social Media
- Blog and Social Media Use by Fortune 500 Companies in 2018
- Never Miss a Step in Your Social Media Marketing Schedule [Checklist]
- Why and How You Should Use Instagram's IGTV to Improve Your Social Media Video Strategy