Pinterest is the social network most likely to drive spontaneous purchasing, whereas Twitter and Facebook users are more likely to make social media-related purchases of products they were already considering, according to a recent report by Vision Critical.
Asked whether they were already thinking of buying an item when they favorited it, 29% of surveyed Pinterest purchasers said no, compared with just 16% for Facebook and 9% for Twitter.
Below, additional key findings from the report, From Social to Sale, which was based on a survey of 5,657 consumers in the US, Canada, and the UK.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things