Nearly three-quarters (72%) of online US adults were using social networking sites as of May 2013, up from 67% in late 2012, according to a recent report from the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project.
When Pew first started asking about social networking sites in February 2005, just 8% of online adults said they used social networks.
Social networking site use is prevalent for Internet users from a wide range of demographic groups. Not surprisingly, younger adults are heavily represented, but social networking continues to grow in popularity for older adults as well.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns