Zarella examined a dataset of more than 1.2 million random tweets to find correlations between the use of non-alphanumerical characters and the number of retweets. His analysis found two characters with particularly strong correlations: hashtags and quotation marks.
While not quite as impactful as hashtags, quotation marks also dramatically improved a tweet's chances of getting retweeted.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)