Most of the content is news and strategy focused, typically covering broad business and technology issues as well as social media trends, the analysis found.
Some 38% of content shared by marketing executives via Twitter comes from industry media sources, and 12% comes from other social networks (YouTube, SlideShare, etc.).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on an analysis of 131,697 public tweets sent in 4Q14 by 1,034 CMOs and other top marketing executives (VPs, senior directors, etc.) at brands and agencies in the United States and Canada.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do