The report was based on data from a survey of more than 400 marketing and advertising executives based in the United States.
More than half (54%) of marketers surveyed said it is now at least somewhat common for colleagues to greet each other with a hug instead of a handshake if they know each other well or haven't seen each other in a while; that's up from 30% of marketers who said the same five years ago.
Some 45% of respondents say hugging coworkers is rarely, or never, done in their workplace; 1% aren't sure how common it is.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Move Over, Social Platforms: Niche Online Communities Are the Wave of the Future
- Customer Satisfaction 101: A Guide [Infographic]
- You're Hired... or Not: How Clients Find Small Business Service Providers [Infographic]
- Customer Experience, Innovation, and Technology: Marketing Smarts Podcast, Recorded Live at Adobe Summit
- Four Things Marketers Should Learn From E-Commerce