The report was based on analysis of the Twitter followings of all 32 NFL teams throughout the football season, as well as the volume of tweets about each organization.
The Panthers gained the most fans on Twitter as a percentage over the course of the season, with the team's following growing from fewer than 500,000 users in October 2015 to more than 1.2 million in January 2016 (+144%).
The Arizona Cardinals were second, growing from fewer than 200,000 followers in October to 420,000 in January (+112%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do