The report was based a survey conducted in 4Q15 of thousands of consumers age 16 to 64 who regularly use mobile apps. Respondents came from a mix of developed and developing countries around the world; China was not included.
Some 83% of Snapchat users are under 35, compared with 61% of WhatsApp users and 65% of Facebook Messenger users, the analysis found.
WhatsApp is the top messaging app with global consumers age 16 to 24; Viber is most popular with people age 25 to 34.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns