The report was based a survey conducted in 4Q15 of thousands of consumers age 16 to 64 who regularly use mobile apps. Respondents came from a mix of developed and developing countries around the world; China was not included.
Some 83% of Snapchat users are under 35, compared with 61% of WhatsApp users and 65% of Facebook Messenger users, the analysis found.
WhatsApp is the top messaging app with global consumers age 16 to 24; Viber is most popular with people age 25 to 34.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How the Fastest-Growing US Companies Are Using Social Media
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]