The report was based on data from a survey conducted between May 31 and June 9, 2016 of 150 Internet retailers who are part of the Campaigner customer base.
Some 19% of respondents say they send a welcome email after the first 24 hours but within a week; an additional 12% send a welcome email within a month. Only 7% of e-commerce marketers say they do not send a welcome email to new subscribers.
The most common methods for getting consumers to join email lists are offering news/content (55% of respondents say they do so), offering regular promotions (49%), offering a discount on the current purchase (23%), and offering a discount on a future purchase (23%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends