The report was based on data from a survey conducted between May 31 and June 9, 2016 of 150 Internet retailers who are part of the Campaigner customer base.
Some 19% of respondents say they send a welcome email after the first 24 hours but within a week; an additional 12% send a welcome email within a month. Only 7% of e-commerce marketers say they do not send a welcome email to new subscribers.
The most common methods for getting consumers to join email lists are offering news/content (55% of respondents say they do so), offering regular promotions (49%), offering a discount on the current purchase (23%), and offering a discount on a future purchase (23%).
Check out the infographic for more key insights from the report:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between May 31 and June 9, 2016 of 150 Internet retailers who are part of the Campaigner customer base.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Crucial Marketing Automation Workflows You Need for Building Campaigns
- 10 Email Marketing Do's and Don'ts for Campaign Success [Infographic]
- Five Steps for Leading Email Marketing Through Change and Crisis
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon