The report was based on data from 24 billion emails sent in 2015 by Yesmail customers.
Triggered emails were defined as messages sent by brands based on specific consumer actions (signup, cart abandonment, purchase, etc.) or events (weather, location, birthday, etc.).
Triggered emails garner significantly higher open rates, click-to-open (CTO) rates, and click rates, on average, compared with business-as-usual (BAU) emails, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends