The report was based on data from 24 billion emails sent in 2015 by Yesmail customers.
Triggered emails were defined as messages sent by brands based on specific consumer actions (signup, cart abandonment, purchase, etc.) or events (weather, location, birthday, etc.).
Triggered emails garner significantly higher open rates, click-to-open (CTO) rates, and click rates, on average, compared with business-as-usual (BAU) emails, the analysis found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How COVID-19 Affected Email Benchmarks in 19 Industries in Spring 2020
- COVID-19 and Email Marketing: What to Do When Reopening Is on the Horizon
- What If Your Email Metrics Are Off: Who's Really Clicking on Your Emails?
- Best (And Worst) Email Signoffs During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Supercharge Your Email Marketing [Infographic]