When dealing with the ever-evolving world of social media, marketers must be nimble and adaptive if they're going to keep up with the migration patterns of their audiences. In that sense, newly ascendant social network Pinterest has much to offer marketers.
Harnessing our fascination with images, relatively new social network Pinterest allows users to display pictures and videos for the whole digital world to see and share.
Users create online pinboards on Pinterest and collect images and videos to pin on their boards—much like old-school bulletin boards.
Now, marketers are also using Pinterest to tell their stories via pictures and extend their reach. By pinning product images, infographics, how-to information, designs, bits of inspiration, and more, businesses are appealing to the human proclivity to look when there's something to see.
The following infographic from Maxymiser on ways that marketers, online retailers, and others can use Pinterest, offering concrete tips. It also touches on Pinterest users' activity on the site and motives for using it vs. other social networks. (Also check out the free Pinterest Marketing Kit from MarketingProfs.)
Want to know more about how you can use Pinterest for your business? Check out the following articles and other resources on MarketingProfs.
- [Online seminar] Take 10: Pinterest Basics for B2B Marketing ($10, free for PRO members)
- [Charts and data] Social Media for Beautiful Things: Pinterest Soars
- [Charts and data] What's Driving Pinterest's Amazing Growth
- [Article] Pinterest: Not Just for Stay-at-Home Moms and Aspiring Wedding Planners
- [Article] What Pinterest Teaches Us About Innovation
- [Blog post] Three Excuses B2B Marketers Should Stop Making for Why They Aren't on Pinterest
- [Blog post] Should Marketers Be Pinterested? [Infographic]
- [Blog post] Why Pinterest Should Be of Interest to Brands
- Panel Discussion: The Rise of Pinterest in B2B (audio file)
- Online Seminar: The Rising Power of Visual Content on Social Networks
- Online Seminar: How to Select Images That Make Your Marketing More Effective
- How-To Article: How to Evolve Your B2B Customer Experience Using Images
- Short Article: How to Choose Stock Images for Your Email Campaigns
- Slide Show: Top 12 Overused Stock Photos