Read closely, because this week's 'Skim spells out the future of social. Twitter threw the most recent punch in social's quest to conquer sports and livestreaming, and WhatsApp finalized encryption that makes Apple vs. the FBI seem like peanuts.
We'll also dive into Kik Messenger's new bot store, discuss how Slack could be the platform that finally brings social to your office, and let you in on the perfect post lengths to drive the most engagement on different social channels. Skim to set yourself up for success!
Twitter sacks Facebook in fourth quarter for NFL streaming rights
The latest on social's desire to conquer sports broadcasting? Twitter walked away with a big "W" this week after the National Football League announced it would livestream 10 Thursday night games on the platform. The roughly $10 million deal comes as Twitter marches downfield to boost its stagnant user growth, and as the NFL aims to increase its reach and revenue via international business and livestreaming.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]