Instagram blends Periscope and Snapchat for new ephemeral livestreaming and messaging features; Facebook launches a plan to fight fake news, and needs all of you to help; all about Houseparty, the livestreaming app making a splash; Russia bans LinkedIn over data war; five mistakes to avoid in B2B social media marketing; how chatbots fit into an SMB marketing mix; 10 Facebook marketing tips for the holidays; and much more...
Skim for your Thanksgiving-week heaping helping of social media news and views!
1. Instagram launches live video streaming with a twist: disappearing photos and video
Facebook is adopting the best of Snapchat and Periscope to Instagram, with the introduction of live video and messages—both with an ephemeral twist. That's right, Instagram users and brands will now be able to livestream on the platform; but, unlike Facebook Live and Periscope, Instagram livestreams won't be saved and can't be replayed. But users can search for the best live videos streaming at any given time with a newly curated Explore page.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns