How well do you understand email marketing? Even if you think you're in the know, you might be believing outdated or unsubstantiated "facts."
Here's a look at common misconceptions regarding email, according to the following Email Monks infographic.
All email recipients who opted in are loyal readers. False. "Some of them opted-in through proxy forms for incentives to surpass premium content gateways," suggests Email Monks.
Moreover, the length of time on a list can increase the possibility of spam complaints. "At 31 months, 43% of a list were more likely to complain," states Email Monks.
The higher the email frequency, the higher the unsubscribe every time. Not true! "HubSpot conducted a study and found that if you're emailing your list four or five times a month, it will actually decrease your unsubscribes," Email Monks states.
To find out more misconceptions about email marketing, check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Effective B2B Email Strategies for the Win: Matt Treacey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Get Started With Multilingual Email Marketing
- Email Opens Are Not Dead: What's Changed and What Hasn't
- How to Craft the Perfect Cold Email With ChatGPT
- How Enterprises Are Using AI for Email Marketing
- Email Behavior Trends for 2023