Determining which technology pieces matter to your marketing team can be a daunting task. There are thousands of solutions on the market today. To rise above the noise, you want to make sure you have tools in place that help you successfully navigate omnichannel shopping behaviors, meet customers where they are and deliver a wonderful experience.
So let's get started. When building your e-commerce marketing stack, there are three essential tools you will need, as road-tested by some leading retail brands. (Note: The retailers mentioned in this article are customers of Bronto Software.)
Approximately five billion email accounts are in use today according to Radicati Group, which projects that number will grow to 5.59 billion by 2019. And those email accounts are a big opportunity for marketers. The median ROI for email is 122% higher than other marketing channels', according to eMarketer, so growing your list of email subscribers is critically important.
And one of the most effective tools for list growth is the popup.
Sure, we've heard the pushback about using popups: "They're annoying and obtrusive." That's true in some cases; but, when they're done right, popups can be a great extension of your brand and they allow you to make a tighter connection with your shoppers.
Take, for instance, ABC Carpet & Home's strategy: Its popup doesn't come up the instant a shopper lands on the site; and, when it does, it's small—measuring about two inches square on a laptop. The popup invitation is also super-polite ("be inspired, join our communication, receive 10% off your next purchase"). in just two years, ABC grew its email list from 22,000 to 100,000.
Benefits of a popup management tool:
- Control over the look, feel, timing, and placement of popups
- Works on mobile and desktop devices
- Allows you to test popup versions to see which performs better (A/B-testing)
- Integrates with coupon-management tools to display unique coupon codes
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Overlooked B2B Optimization Opportunities to Boost Your Website
- The 5Ws of Experience-Driven Commerce [Infographic]
- What Converts? Web Landing Page Benchmarks and Trends [Infographic]
- Google Site Search Is Going Away: Three Questions to Ask Before You Replace It
- Five Ways to Keep Your Website Relevant in 2018