What is the secret to an engaging headline?
Everyone has an opinion... but what does the data say?
At BuzzSumo, we analyzed 100 million headlines published in 2017 to see what insights, if any, we could gain to improve our headlines and ensure they resonate with our audience.
We published our detailed findings in a lengthy, 4,000-word post. But the essence of an engaging headline comes down to just a few core principles, we found.
The Data: The Most-Engaging Facebook Headline Phrases
Our research found that the three-word phrases (trigrams) that gained the most Facebook engagements—likes, shares, comments—were the following:
The Implications: The Essence of an Engaging Headline
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content
- Podcasts as a Learning (and Teaching) Medium for Marketing (And More)
- Context Is Everything: Transmedia vs. Integrated Campaigns [Video]