What is the secret to an engaging headline?
Everyone has an opinion... but what does the data say?
At BuzzSumo, we analyzed 100 million headlines published in 2017 to see what insights, if any, we could gain to improve our headlines and ensure they resonate with our audience.
We published our detailed findings in a lengthy, 4,000-word post. But the essence of an engaging headline comes down to just a few core principles, we found.
The Data: The Most-Engaging Facebook Headline Phrases
Our research found that the three-word phrases (trigrams) that gained the most Facebook engagements—likes, shares, comments—were the following:
The Implications: The Essence of an Engaging Headline
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Shortcuts to Gathering High-Quality Whitepaper Content
- The Biggest Deficiencies of B2B Content Marketing Programs
- Six Reasons It's Time for Brands to Replace Stock Photos With User-Generated Content
- Five Extra-Powerful Ways to Build Authority With Content
- How to Use Infographics as Effective Marketing Tools [Infographic]