The subject line read, "Chew your vitamins, pup."
And the copy read, in part, "We all have needs. That's why we have just the right supplement treats."
None of that was particularly funny. But the funny part came in the "customer profiles" the email highlighted. Each describes a creature matched with hilariously human qualities, and BarkBox then matches those profile qualities with a dietary supplement it sells.
There's neurotic Maris, who seriously needs to chill. Can you feel the alarm in those anxious little button eyes?
BarkBox says she might benefit from treats that contain 9mg of a supplement called Colostrum Calming Complex.
Meet Paula: Organized, efficient, more prepared than a Boy Scout.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The State of Webinars: Length, Engagement, and Feature Trends [Infographic]
- Win at B2B Content by Finding Your Brand Voice: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Passive-Aggressive Popups and Other Acts of Marketing Self-Sabotage
- How to Use Search Trends for Alternative-Content Ideation in the Age of COVID-19
- Social Distancing Is Changing the Way We Write. That's a Problem.