The subject line read, "Chew your vitamins, pup."
And the copy read, in part, "We all have needs. That's why we have just the right supplement treats."
None of that was particularly funny. But the funny part came in the "customer profiles" the email highlighted. Each describes a creature matched with hilariously human qualities, and BarkBox then matches those profile qualities with a dietary supplement it sells.
There's neurotic Maris, who seriously needs to chill. Can you feel the alarm in those anxious little button eyes?
BarkBox says she might benefit from treats that contain 9mg of a supplement called Colostrum Calming Complex.
Meet Paula: Organized, efficient, more prepared than a Boy Scout.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]