As more and more consumer data becomes available, companies are struggling to rise above the deluge of information.
To find out how marketers are handling the flood of data and what they plan to do with that data, Infogroup Targeting Solutions and Yesmail Interactive sponsored a study that surveyed 700 attendees at the DMA2012 and Forrester Research eBusiness conferences.
They then shared their findings in a report and produced an infographic. Among the findings:
- 68% of marketers said they plan to increase data spending.
- 56% said they plan to hire employees for data positions.
- 45% said analyzing or applying data will be their biggest challenge.
And regarding the use of real-time data, 53% of businesses said they plan to make greater use of it, and 19% said they are starting to consider it.
Check out the infographic for more details:
Continue reading "Data-Rich and Insight-Poor [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Market Research:
- Get to Know the New B2B Decision-Makers: LinkedIn's Ty Heath Shares New Research on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 10 of the Best Tools for Market Research
- Why Customers Take Brand Surveys
- How to Identify and Avoid Survey Response Bias [Infographic]
- Small Towns Present Big Opportunities for Marketers: Rural-Business Expert Becky McCray on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]