You put so much work into your awesome content that you expect it to go viral as soon as it hits the Internet. But after you publish it, no one seems to care...
So, why isn't your brilliant content catching fire? For five likely reasons, according to an infographic by WhoIsHostingThis.
One reason is the lack of emotional appeal. Content that arouses curiosity, amazement, astonishment, uncertainty, humor, and admiration has a greater chance of going viral. Negative emotions do not inspire sharing, however.
Bad timing can also affect whether your content goes viral. For example, weekends are not the best time for sharing content. "Find the days and times when your content is most in-demand," suggests WhoIsHostingThis.
Other factors that influence content's virality are poor design, lack of share-worthiness, and poor distribution.
To find out more about what's hindering your content from being shared, check out the infographic:
Continue reading "Five Reasons Your Awesome Content Isn't Going Viral [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How to Build Trust With Data Visualization: Caroline Jerome on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Employee Advocacy Can Improve Your Content Marketing Performance
- Storytelling in B2B: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- No Time to Create Content? Turn One Webinar Into Nine Marketing Pieces in Less Than 14 Days... Without Killing Yourself
- A 17-Step Process for Creating High-Performing Articles [Infographic]