How much do design, site speed, and product reviews affect e-commerce checkout behavior? Even more than you might think...
Regarding general design, some 93% of people say visuals are the most influential factor in the purchase decision, according to vouchercloud.
Moreover, shoppers assess a product within 90 seconds to determine whether to purchase it.
Site speed also plays a huge role. If a page takes three seconds to load, 57% of online consumers will abandon the site; of those visitors, 80% will never return.
Product reviews, too, influence online shoppers. Some 85% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses before making a purchase. "Of those, 79% trust the reviews as much as a personal recommendation," vouchercloud writes.
To find out more about the behaviors behind online shopper clicks, check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Customer Data Platform vs. Customer Engagement Platform: Differences and Use-cases
- A B2B Deep Dive Into Consumer Patience and Time to Win: Jay Baer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What B2B Software Buyers Look for in Online Reviews
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- The Attention Economy: How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts | Marketing Smarts Live Show