Content marketing is all the rage, but it has a dark side that businesses must acknowledge.
One horrifying fact: Though 27 million pieces of content are shared daily and 86% of B2B organizations use content marketing, only 21% of marketers think they're successful at measuring the ROI of their content, according to studies that Scripted cites in the following infographic.
Worse still, 48% of marketers don't have a documented content marketing strategy.
And worst of all, that lack of vision affects how consumers feel about those companies: "74% of online consumers get frustrated with websites when their content appears irrelevant to them," states Scripted.
Don't let your content succumb to the dark side...
Check out the following infographic for content marketing tips:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Tips for Optimizing Your Marketing Videos [Infographic]
- Using Video Testimonials as a Tool for B2B Growth: Alexander Ferguson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Creating Deal-Closing Content: The Pivotal Role of Conversation Intelligence
- The Writing GPS: A Writing Framework That Makes Your Writing Ridiculously Good
- Empowering B2B Marketing Teams With an AI Content Process: May Habib on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 2023 B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends