Content marketing is all the rage, but it has a dark side that businesses must acknowledge.
One horrifying fact: Though 27 million pieces of content are shared daily and 86% of B2B organizations use content marketing, only 21% of marketers think they're successful at measuring the ROI of their content, according to studies that Scripted cites in the following infographic.
Worse still, 48% of marketers don't have a documented content marketing strategy.
And worst of all, that lack of vision affects how consumers feel about those companies: "74% of online consumers get frustrated with websites when their content appears irrelevant to them," states Scripted.
Don't let your content succumb to the dark side...
Check out the following infographic for content marketing tips:
Continue reading "The Dark Side of Content Marketing [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The Content Preferences of B2B Buyers
- A Marketer's Guide to YouTube for Business: Nick Nimmin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Different Business Teams Distribute Video Content
- The Video Content B2B Buyers Find Most Helpful
- How to Turn Live Video Into a Content-Repurposing Machine: Ian Anderson Gray on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The User-Generated Content Advertising Ecosystem [Infographic]