Today's sales team is a far cry from the disorganized, disconnected sales team of the past. Modern sales teams rely on teamwork; moreover, they have specialized roles and they are empowered by technology.
The isolation of old-school sales team doesn't work in today's business environment. "Companies with 50-60% of staff in dedicated sales support roles see better sales ROI," states the following DocSend infographic.
And sales teams now have specialized roles.
"Role specialization creates efficiency by enabling sellers to take ownership over a more narrow, clearly defined set of responsibilities, which increases focus and fosters innovation," states DocSend.
To find out more about how the sales floor has evolved, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- The Top Challenges B2B Sales Reps Face Early in the Sales Cycle
- Five Ways Marketing Can Support the Sales Process to Maximize Growth
- It's 2022: Do You Know Where Your Sales Reps Are?
- [Video] How to Use Neuroscience to Increase Your Demand Gen Success Threefold
- How Well Do B2B Firms Handle Routing Sales Leads?
- How to Conquer Remote Selling Challenges and Reach the Top of the Leaderboard