Many people think content marketing is relatively new, but it's apparently been around in its current state for at least 100 years.
Cavemen? Yes. The earliest evidence of communication via content is on the walls of caves in Spain, claims the infographic.
More recently—back in 1895—John Deere's The Furrow magazine offered agricultural tips to farmers, and it's often cited as the "unofficial birth of brand publishing," the infographic points out.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Guide to Video Marketing: Crack the Video Code [Infographic]
- The Worst SEO Mistake You Can Make: Ignoring Content Distribution
- Direct Response Copywriting: How to Craft Copy That Converts [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Content Work Harder: Seven Fatty Phrases to Avoid in Your Writing
- The Proverb Effect (And How Marketers Can Use It): Author Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]