"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." That quote is often attributed to Albert Einstein, and although that attribution is debatable, there is truth in the quote.
Luckily, the folks at Web Hosting Geeks understand domain name systems very well, and they put together a guide that explains DNS simply for those of us who use domain names regularly—including marketers who might be required to come up with domain names for their brands, but don't know how it all works.
The guide includes an infographic that explains how to break down the structure of a domain name and what the most popular top-level domains are.
The infographic also dives into the difference between IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and illustrates more of the technical aspects of DNS, such as how a recursive server works and what the function of DNS is.
To learn more about DNS, click on the image to see the full infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Web Sites Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites:
- Speed It Up: What Frustrates Business Website Visitors
- 12 'Dark Patterns' That Websites Use to Trick Visitors [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- How to Increase Leads: Effective Entry Points for Lead Magnet Signups
- The Secret Six-Ingredient Recipe for Perfectly Compliant Cookie Banners