As marketers, we probably tend to get more excited about the latest digital trends than the general public does. So just what do consumers think of some of the new technologies we're seeing?
It turns out customers want improvements to the products and services they already use more than they want something they haven't seen or experienced before, according to an infographic released by digital agency Code Computerlove.
And though a trend such as mobile payments may not be generating a lot of media, customers listed it as the top technology they want to use this year.
Conversely, trends such as virtual reality and augmented reality have had a lot of media mentions, but consumers are still tepid about trying them out.
To see more about the digital trends brands are talking about versus what consumers want to use, check out the infographic:
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Smoking Brisket and the Customer Experience: Art and Science With Christian Selchau-Hansen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Conversational Marketing: What Customers Want
- How the B2B Purchase Process Has Changed in 2020
- Marketing From A to [Gen]Z: 'Zconomy' Author Jason Dorsey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees