Let's step across the pond today to see how our European counterparts are using performance marketing.
First, the basics: performance marketing happens when the advertiser pays only if there are measurable results, such as when a click is made by a prospect or a lead form is filled out.
It makes sense that retargeting has long been a tool used to increase the effectiveness of performance marketing. And according to an infographic by AdRoll that is based on a report the retargeting and prospecting company produced, other efforts are seeing decent usage as well.
For example, the infographic shows that investment in programmatic advertising increased substantially from 2015 to 2016, meaning that the automation of bidding for keywords is helping marketers maximize their performance marketing efforts.
To see more stats about performance marketing from AdRoll's survey, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Metrics & ROI Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Metrics & ROI:
- A B2B Marketing Deep Dive on AI Foundations, the Future, and More: Christopher Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Stepping Out of the Dark Funnel: How to Shed Light on What Is Not Registered by Your Pixels (Article 2 of 2)
- Four Common Content Reporting Challenges and How to Fix Them
- Stepping Out of the Dark Funnel: How to Shed Light on What Is Not Registered by Your Pixels (Article 1 of 2)
- The Future of TV Ad Measurement Is TBD. Here's What Marketers Should Do About It.
- The Essential Social Media KPIs: What to Track on 7 Platforms [Infographic]