Let's step across the pond today to see how our European counterparts are using performance marketing.
First, the basics: performance marketing happens when the advertiser pays only if there are measurable results, such as when a click is made by a prospect or a lead form is filled out.
It makes sense that retargeting has long been a tool used to increase the effectiveness of performance marketing. And according to an infographic by AdRoll that is based on a report the retargeting and prospecting company produced, other efforts are seeing decent usage as well.
For example, the infographic shows that investment in programmatic advertising increased substantially from 2015 to 2016, meaning that the automation of bidding for keywords is helping marketers maximize their performance marketing efforts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 of the Best Marketing Analytics Tools to Try in 2020
- How Retailers Should Approach AI and Big Data During Holiday Seasons
- How to Become a Data-Driven Company (Without a Data Scientist): Linda Schumacher on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Forget ROAS, It's All About ROMI Now
- A Better Way to Gauge Sales Lift: Closed-Loop Measurement