Today's infographic, by chargeback management company Chargebacks911, breaks down online purchase behavior across 11 industries, and you may find some of the info surprising.
For instance, 33% of shoppers have done at least some grocery shopping online this year, up from just 8% last year, and 30% of shoppers did all or most of their shopping for household appliances online, according to data cited in the infographic.
Though 62% of consumers prefer to research electronics and computers online, only 43% are comfortable making that purchase online as well, according to the data.
Across all industries, those who do purchase online are significantly more likely to do so on a desktop than a mobile device, the infographic points out.
You can check out the infographic with interactive navigation on the Chargebacks911 site, or you can see a static version here:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees
- The Stunning Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- The Novel Economy, Generation N, and Thriving in a Digital-First Environment: Futurist Brian Solis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Buyers' Top Challenges With Their Current Vendors
- Would People Rather Watch an Ad or Share Their Email Address?