What marketer doesn't rely on Excel? The Microsoft spreadsheet tool is loved—and sometimes hated—by everyone from students to CEOs.
The graphic includes the basics (such as wrapping text) and more complex features (such as slicing pivot tables).
Here's a list of what you'll learn how to do in this infographic:
- Identify duplicate entries
- Start a number with a zero
- Wrap text
- Prevent some rows or columns from moving when you scroll (freeze panes)
- Use the TEXT function, which is useful for extracting day of the week from dates
- Set limits for data entered into cells and provide error messages if data entered is outside the allowed range
- Make sure your worksheet secure and protected
- Split cells to extract only part of the data (such as the name part of an email address)
- Use pivot tables to analyze data without the use of complex functions
- Use the slicer to make your pivot table analysis even easier
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Surprising Effects of Business vs Leisure Travel on Your Health and Wellbeing [Infographic]
- The Business Benefits of Being More Pirate: Sam Conniff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Jobs: Firms' Hiring Plans for the First Half of 2020
- What Hiring Managers Value vs. What Job Applicants Think Matters [Infographic]
- Productivity Lessons From Bill Gates: How to Do a 'Think Week' [Infographic]