First, who are the roughly 80 million Millennials in the US? The infographic defines them as people born between the years 1980 and 2000, and it says they spend approximately $600 billion per year—a figure that is expected to grow to $1.4 trillion by 2020.
For brands that want in on that Millennial action, it helps to know how this group shops. The infographic compares generational buying habits and points out that Millennials outspend other groups by $80 per month on coffee. It also says 60% of Millennials rate products and services online, compared with 49% of other generations.
The infographic explains that Millennials can be extremely loyal to brands they like, and it gives tips for harnessing that loyalty.
If you want to learn how to connect with Millennial shoppers, check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- Discovering the Brain Science That Drives B2B Buyer Behavior | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Customer Data Platform vs. Customer Engagement Platform: Differences and Use-cases
- A B2B Deep Dive Into Consumer Patience and Time to Win: Jay Baer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What B2B Software Buyers Look for in Online Reviews
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- The Attention Economy: How Time Affects Your B2B Marketing Efforts | Marketing Smarts Live Show