The rapid rise in popularity of voice-activated virtual assistants—artificial intelligence (AI) devices such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home—is significantly influencing consumer behavior, according to a study by Toluna.
The real-time digital consumer insights company conducted a survey of more than 1,000 US consumers and learned how these devices affect the shopping, search, and media consumption behaviors of men and women, and compiled the results into an infographic.
For example, the study found only 6% of men said the use of personal assistants has no effect on their shopping behavior, whereas 22% of women said the same.
These devices have at least somewhat changed the buying behavior of most people who use them, which is a shift in the overall e-commerce landscape, creating new opportunities for savvy brands to engage customers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]
- How In-Store Music Affects the Retail Experience [Infographic]
- The Psychology of Status Purchases [Infographic]