By 2020, Millennials will account for 30% of retail sales in the US, according to a prediction cited in an infographic by CUBE.
The customer experience company looked at how Millennials shop, what their values are, and how marketers can adapt to both. Among the stats cited in the infographic:
• More than 50% of Millennials try to buy products from a company that support causes they care about.
• Some 78% of Millennials prefer to spend money on desirable experiences rather than desirable things/products.
• A whopping 84% of Millennials do not trust traditional advertising.
The infographic also includes examples of how some brands have adapted to marketing to Millennials.
To learn more about the Millennial mindset and how to market to this coveted group, check out the infographic. Tap or click to see a larger version.
Continue reading "Why Millennials Are Different, and How Marketers Can Engage Them [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- How to Push Customers Down the Brand Loyalty Funnel
- Why People Really Do What They Do: 'Primal Brain' Author Tim Ash on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Do Customers Trust You? Six Tips for Earning Brand Trust in 2021
- This Is Your Brain on Marketing: Nancy Harhut on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How IT Buyers' Researching Behaviors Changed in 2020