By 2020, Millennials will account for 30% of retail sales in the US, according to a prediction cited in an infographic by CUBE.
The customer experience company looked at how Millennials shop, what their values are, and how marketers can adapt to both. Among the stats cited in the infographic:
• More than 50% of Millennials try to buy products from a company that support causes they care about.
• Some 78% of Millennials prefer to spend money on desirable experiences rather than desirable things/products.
• A whopping 84% of Millennials do not trust traditional advertising.
The infographic also includes examples of how some brands have adapted to marketing to Millennials.
To learn more about the Millennial mindset and how to market to this coveted group, check out the infographic. Tap or click to see a larger version.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Smoking Brisket and the Customer Experience: Art and Science With Christian Selchau-Hansen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Conversational Marketing: What Customers Want
- How the B2B Purchase Process Has Changed in 2020
- Marketing From A to [Gen]Z: 'Zconomy' Author Jason Dorsey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees