Look around any office these days, and it's likely that you'll see freelance workers—or at least see some of their work, even if they're located elsewhere and are working remotely.
But not all freelancers have the same work structure. If you're hiring one, it's helpful to understand the different types. And if you are one, it's important to know how you want to use your skills.
Earlier this year, LinkedIn ProFinder partnered with Intuit to create an animated infographic that explains five types of freelancers: Side Giggers, Substituters, Career Freelancers, Business Builders, and Passionistas.
The graphic defines differences between each type, such as what motivates them and how satisfied they are with their work, as well as the percentage of their total incomes generated by their current gigs.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Game of Time: How to Slay Productivity-Killing Dragons [Infographic]
- The Most In-Demand Content Marketing Skills
- Market Like an Athlete, Not a Weekend Warrior: How to Avoid Ineffective Campaigns and Burnout
- Transform Your Life Through Small Changes: 'Atomic Habits' Author James Clear on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Take Calculated Risks [Infographic]