You can skip the coffee today because this statistic should wake you up: Per day, on average, a typical employee works 8.9 hours but sleeps only 7.7 hours.
Sleep problems, such as insomnia, cause 11.3 days of lost productivity per year, the infographic claims. It goes on to explain that these problems may be responsible for as much as $63.2 billion in lost productivity in the US.
What's a busy, sleepy marketer to do?
The basics, of course: reduce caffeine and screen exposure in the evening, and try meditating before bed. For more advanced—or desperate—sheep-counters, a nap in the afternoon can reduce stress, decrease the risk of heart disease, and make you a higher performing employee.
For the full (bedtime) story, check out the infographic. Tap or click to view a larger version—but if you read this just before bed, be sure to dim the blue light on your screen first.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- CMO Compensation Trends: Female Sr. Marketers Outearn Male Sr. Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]
- Managing Momentum: Bounce Back From Setbacks and Procrastination [Infographic]
- How to Gain Influence and Effect Change: Four Skills Every Marketing Leader Needs