You may update your resume only when you're looking for a new job, but you should take a look at your LinkedIn account more frequently and keep it updated.
As today's infographic by personal loan company Onward explains, "LinkedIn can be your path to the job of your dreams." And you never know who's looking at your profile or searching for the perfect job candidate.
Several parts of your LinkedIn profile deserve particular attention, the infographic explains. Start with a personalized URL and photo, and then go beyond the basics by researching keywords potential employers are looking for and ensuring those words show up prominently in your profile.
Also add recommendations and skills, as members with five or more skills are messaged up to 33 times more than those without, according to the graphic.
To see all 11 tips for making your LinkedIn profile shine, check out the graphic. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Career Management Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen The Right Career: Christoph Trappe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Responsibilities and Backgrounds of Copywriters
- Want to Beat the Average CMO Tenure? Remake Your Role.
- What Americans Value Most in a Job [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Data: The 10 Most In-Demand Marketing and Sales Skills