"I have too much time on my hands," said no marketer ever. With more tasks than ever before being squeezed into our days, just keeping up with them all can be one of the biggest challenges of our job.
For example, don't take on everything yourself, the graphic suggests; when possible, delegate tasks that others can do, and learn to let go.
As for your calendar, you can try timeboxing, which involves blocking off a set amount of time to complete a specific task. You can also block time for things you know you need to do, such as eat, sleep, and exercise. Knowing that you have time set for those things can keep you focused on your other tasks and give you deadlines to finish by.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Caught Between Technology and Creativity: Can Marketers Strike a Balance?
- Fulfilled Marketers: Matt Snodgrass Talks With Marketing Smarts About What Makes Marketers Happy [Podcast]
- Five Marketing Tips Worth Stealing From Small-Company Marketers
- 28 of the Best Productivity Hacks for 2019 (And Beyond)
- The 2019 Hiring Outlook for Marketing and Advertising Jobs