"I have too much time on my hands," said no marketer ever. With more tasks than ever before being squeezed into our days, just keeping up with them all can be one of the biggest challenges of our job.
For example, don't take on everything yourself, the graphic suggests; when possible, delegate tasks that others can do, and learn to let go.
As for your calendar, you can try timeboxing, which involves blocking off a set amount of time to complete a specific task. You can also block time for things you know you need to do, such as eat, sleep, and exercise. Knowing that you have time set for those things can keep you focused on your other tasks and give you deadlines to finish by.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Average Age and Tenure of C-Suite Executives
- Get Your Resume Together, It's 2020: The Must-Have Skills of Today's Marketing Leaders
- The Surprising Effects of Business vs Leisure Travel on Your Health and Wellbeing [Infographic]
- The Business Benefits of Being More Pirate: Sam Conniff on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Marketing Jobs: Firms' Hiring Plans for the First Half of 2020