These days everybody is online, so how can you make yourself stand out?
You can start, the infographic suggests, with a strong profile picture: It takes only one-tenth of a second to form an impression of someone based on a photo. Make sure to smile naturally and show some teeth, dress professionally, and frame the shot in an appealing way.
Make sure you also keep your LinkedIn summary updated. Highlight successes, give it some personality, and show who you are in addition to what you've achieved.
Building a strong personal brand online can have the benefits of increased networking opportunities and better control over your image when someone searches for you, the graphic points out, so there's no time to waste.
To check out all the tips on building your personal brand, see the infographic:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Ask Great Questions at Work [Infographic]
- Where the Ninjas Are: US Cities With the Weirdest Job Titles [Infographic]
- Working Brilliantly From Home: Push Mind and Body's Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]