Nearly one-fourth of Americans listen to a podcast at least monthly, according to data cited in an infographic by Concordia University Saint Paul. "With the podcasting boom, audio has maintained solid footing in the world of content—telling great stories and growing a loyal audience along the way," the infographic states.
It goes on to include data that covers why people listen to podcasts, which genres they gravitate toward, and where they're listening, as well as how much marketers are spending to advertise on podcasts:
• Nearly half (48%) of podcast listeners listen to comedy; 40% listen to educational shows; 38%, news; and 27%, sports, according to one study, and the car is the most popular place for people to listen.
• The graphic also breaks down the demographics of podcast listeners: Millennials are the largest age group, comprising 44% of all listeners; 56% of listeners are male; and 57% are college graduates.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Meet the Parennials (Millennial Parents)
- Super Bowl Viewers: Demographic, Device, and Ad Trends [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends