We've all had bad days at work, and let's admit it... we've all started searching the want ads after a project didn't go well or our boss seemed to be in an especially bad mood. But we all know that those things happen, and having a bad day doesn't mean it's time to run to another company.
No matter how much you like you job, you're bound to come across hard days—or even weeks. During those times, it can be easy to think about what else is out there: The grass is always greener, right?
You're not alone, and you can strengthen your emotional agility to learn how to handle these kinds of negative thoughts in a positive way. They've even been given names, so you can sort through them:
- Black-and-white thinking
- Filter thinking
Learn how to identify your negative thoughts at work to see what you can then do to turn them into opportunities. Check out the infographic:
Continue reading "Eight Simple Ways to Handle Negative Thoughts and Emotions at Work [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Don't Just Survive, Thrive: Hacks for High Performance by Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 3Cs of Marketing Success: Ride the Wave to Go Far in Work and Life
- The Big Challenge for Marketers and Marketing in 2021: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Tips for Building Career Resilience [Infographic]
- How to Stay Relevant at Your Marketing Organization During a Recession: Christina Del Villar on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]