Picture this: You're slouched in a meeting, supposedly paying attention, but your mind has wandered off, churning out various to-do lists, thinking of the weekend, remembering that delicious lunch you just ate...
Suddenly, everyone is looking your way, waiting for an answer—but you're staring blankly, bumbling to come up with a semi-coherent response.
There's no hiding it: Your mind had wandered, and now you don't know what to say. How can you avoid this full-belly, boring-meeting, to-do-list-making situation in the future?
The graphic starts with an explanation of why our brains wander (you can't help it—it's science!). Then it lists nine simple steps you can do in the office, and even during a meeting, to stay focused.
If you've made it this far in the article without your mind wandering off, check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Why Employees Are Staying at Their Jobs [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen the Right Career | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How Employers' Political Stances Affect Recruiting and Retention
- The Top Skills Among B2B Marketers on LinkedIn
- The Average Tenure of CMOs at Big Companies
- The Digital Marketing Jobs That Will Be Disrupted Most by AI