More than 40.5 million speakers of Spanish reside in the US, making it the country's second most common language, according to an infographic by MotionPoint.
In the infographic, the company, provider of a turnkey solution for multilingual websites, explores the opportunities that the presence of Spanish-speakers affords US marketers.
For instance, the combined purchasing power of US Hispanics was $1.4 trillion in 2016, accounting for 10% of the US total.
That's a big opportunity for companies, and some are already on board, such as Amazon, which offers a Spanish-language version of its site for US customers.
To see more about Hispanic and Spanish-language growth on the Web, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to see a larger version:
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Smoking Brisket and the Customer Experience: Art and Science With Christian Selchau-Hansen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Conversational Marketing: What Customers Want
- How the B2B Purchase Process Has Changed in 2020
- Marketing From A to [Gen]Z: 'Zconomy' Author Jason Dorsey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees