Spring is long over, but let's be honest: You should probably be cleaning your office area more frequently than annually anyway, right?
If you need some motivation, consider two facts: Viruses can linger on unclean surfaces, and a cluttered desk may well be reducing your productivity. An infographic by Cleaning Services Group, a cleaning services provider, offers those reasons and more for sprucing up your workspace.
The graphic also outlines the correlation between tidy work spaces and greater productivity, citing a Harvard University experiment that concluded "messy, untidy workplaces can undermine people's persistence in completing tasks, therefor affecting productivity."
By sticking to a cleaning routine and maintaining a neatly organized work space, employees are much more likely to get their best work done and meet work targets.
So if you need a break from actually doing work, tell your boss you're increasing your productivity by cleaning up your desk. Need more reasons to break out the duster? Check out the infographic:
Continue reading "How a Clean Office Can Boost Your Productivity [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Don't Just Survive, Thrive: Hacks for High Performance by Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 3Cs of Marketing Success: Ride the Wave to Go Far in Work and Life
- The Big Challenge for Marketers and Marketing in 2021: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Tips for Building Career Resilience [Infographic]
- How to Stay Relevant at Your Marketing Organization During a Recession: Christina Del Villar on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]