Today we'll take a deep dive into jargon you hear every day. Sometimes it makes you cringe. Sometimes it makes you laugh. Sometimes it may make you think, "What on earth does that mean?"
Next time you hear a puzzling (or tasty) phrase, such as "low-hanging fruit," "drinking the Kool-Aid," or "peeling the onion," you can pull out the handy chart below by online diagramming software Lucidchart.
And here's a humorous video the team put together to explain cash cows, unicorns, decacorns, and so many other words we hate ourselves for saying when we hear them come out of our mouths.
After you watch the video, you'll want to circle back here to get to the next level of tech jargon so you can move from rockstar to ninja to wizard to guru. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Development:
- Why Employees Are Staying at Their Jobs [Infographic]
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Know If They've Chosen the Right Career | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top Skills Among B2B Marketers on LinkedIn
- The Average Tenure of CMOs at Big Companies
- How to Authentically Brand Yourself in a Digital World | Marketing Smarts Live Show