Today we'll take a deep dive into jargon you hear every day. Sometimes it makes you cringe. Sometimes it makes you laugh. Sometimes it may make you think, "What on earth does that mean?"
Next time you hear a puzzling (or tasty) phrase, such as "low-hanging fruit," "drinking the Kool-Aid," or "peeling the onion," you can pull out the handy chart below by online diagramming software Lucidchart.
And here's a humorous video the team put together to explain cash cows, unicorns, decacorns, and so many other words we hate ourselves for saying when we hear them come out of our mouths.
After you watch the video, you'll want to circle back here to get to the next level of tech jargon so you can move from rockstar to ninja to wizard to guru. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Continue reading "How to Speak Tech Jargon: A Hilarious Guide [Video and Flowchart]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- How to Tell If You Have a Toxic Boss [Infographic]
- 11 Home Office Decor Ideas to Improve Productivity [Infographic]
- Don't Just Survive, Thrive: Hacks for High Performance by Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 3Cs of Marketing Success: Ride the Wave to Go Far in Work and Life
- The Big Challenge for Marketers and Marketing in 2021: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]