Push notifications, email, and SMS can reach consumers in highly personalized ways, and all three behave and perform similarly to meet the goals of marketing campaigns. Perhaps for that reason, those three channels are sometimes thought of as interchangeable.
But that's likely not the case.
All three channels have their pros and cons, of course, and in numerous situations they can replace one another. However, in the service of targeting audiences comprehensively, marketers likely need a blend of all three channels.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Putting Heart Into Your Business: 'Heartificial Empathy' Author Minter Dial on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Technologies That Are Disrupting Digital Marketing [Infographic]
- Using AI for Personalized Marketing at Scale
- 2019 Martech Predictions: From Facebook Marketing to Meeting Automation
- Caught Between Technology and Creativity: Can Marketers Strike a Balance?