Has your business started accepting mobile payments? If not, it may be time to start.
Mobile wallets, undergoing meteoric growth, now process billions of payments worldwide. As the payment technology becomes less expensive and cash use continues to decline, mobile wallet use will only continue to grow.
In the UK, for example, cash is used less than debit cards are, and in various countries a "cashless society" is quickly developing.
Which countries have embraced mobile payments?
Based on an analysis of data from the 2018 Worldpay Global Payments Report and other sources, an infographic by UK-based Expert Market highlights mobile-payment stats and trends.
China clearly leads the way with 36% of transactions conducted via mobile wallet, reports the company, which helps businesses find and compare products and services. Among those with the lowest adoption rates are Canada, Colombia, and France.
Check out the infographic for more:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Communications:
- The Three Pillars of Winning Communication—Value, Passion, and Connection: Steve Multer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Annoys People Most About SMS Marketing
- Why Tone Matters More Than Ever in Business Communication
- How to Overcome Poor Communication to Drive Marketing Performance in 2023
- Four Rules for Riding the Texting Wave Before It's Gone
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market