Has your business started accepting mobile payments? If not, it may be time to start.
Mobile wallets, undergoing meteoric growth, now process billions of payments worldwide. As the payment technology becomes less expensive and cash use continues to decline, mobile wallet use will only continue to grow.
In the UK, for example, cash is used less than debit cards are, and in various countries a "cashless society" is quickly developing.
Which countries have embraced mobile payments?
China clearly leads the way with 36% of transactions conducted via mobile wallet, reports the company, which helps businesses find and compare products and services. Among those with the lowest adoption rates are Canada, Colombia, and France.
Check out the infographic for more:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- Four Rules for Riding the Texting Wave Before It's Gone
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2022
- Why People Opt Out of (And In to) Mobile Notifications From Brands
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try