I don't know your name. I wish I did. But if your name happened to be Hannah, and I started this article off with "Hey Hannah," that probably wouldn't be the magic pixie dust that drew us together in a blissful relationship forever more.
Customers expect more.
I'm talking, of course, about personalization. And I've tried to demonstrate the idea that personalization is not simply about knowing the name of the person you're communicating with. Marketers today aiming to seriously step up the degree of connection they make with customers are exploring the true power of personalization.
It's been decades since Peppers & Rogers introduced us to the idea of one-to-one marketing, but today its meaning is setting in. The technology required to make personalized marketing happen is catching on.
It's not perfect, nor easy. But its potential is mind-boggling.
Mature marketers speak of things like "personalization at scale" and "hyper-personalization. Getting it right calls for recalibrating how you collect, measure, analyze, and optimize data to create a cohesive experience that serves your customer across touchpoints and channels.
Nix the big words, and the net-net is that your brand delivers the right message, to the right person, at the right time. And, although the quality of the content is of course important, context is the true golden nugget.
I worked with the team at Three Deep Marketing to explore the power of personalization and create an e-book, It's Time got Get Personal. The e-book reveals the four benefits of personalized marketing:
- Improve customer experience
- Increase brand loyalty
- Drive revenue
- Creative consistency across channels
Doing research for the e-book put me on a path to uncovering meaningful data on the topic, enlightening insights, and a model that lays out personalized marketing in simplified terms focused on its power, potential, and process.
We decided to feature the highlights in the following infographic, which is yours to consume, download, and share:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Experience:
- World-Class Case Studies; Building Trust on the Internet | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Closing the Loop: How to Deliver Personalized CX at Scale, Even Across Channels
- B2B Marketers, the Customer Journey, and Sales | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How B2B Marketers Can Leverage Voice of Customer for Business Growth | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Deliver (And Improve) the Connected Customer Experience
- A 'Brand Differentiation Through Experience Innovation' Conversation: Allen Adamson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]