Within one month of broad acknowledgment by US authorities of the seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic—by April 15—some 22 million Americans, fully 13.5% of the workforce, had filed an initial unemployment claim.
Layoffs and furloughs have become a prevalent part of our lives during the COVID-19 pandemic, but many don't know what to do when they become unemployed.
Unemployment can be a jarring, unsettling change that can cause high levels of stress. Understanding your options and making appropriate financial decisions, however, can help reduce that stress and ensure better eventual outcomes.
The following infographic highlights the prevalence of layoffs and furloughs during the current pandemic, outlines how to apply for unemployment benefits, and offers tips and advice regarding unemployment until eventually getting back to work.
Continue reading "How to Survive a Layoff or Furlough During the Pandemic [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- How to Tell If You Have a Toxic Boss [Infographic]
- 11 Home Office Decor Ideas to Improve Productivity [Infographic]
- Don't Just Survive, Thrive: Hacks for High Performance by Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 3Cs of Marketing Success: Ride the Wave to Go Far in Work and Life
- The Big Challenge for Marketers and Marketing in 2021: Michael Barber on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]