"Free beer for review!" said the email....
I don't drink, but I always love to see how products are marketed. I'll write a review, I said, after I get a friend or two to sample the beer, which, strangely, wasn't named in the pitch.
The next day, a box arrives, containing this ridiculous case, which Benny enjoyed immensely. Inside which there is a single cold bottle of Heineken Premiumn Light Beer and an expensive Heineken bottle opener. It didn't contain a glass, which would have made sense.
My friend Anthony Tomari gamely volunteered to test the beer. His review:
It's smooth. It has no after taste. It's as good as regular Heineken, but it's unremarkable and indistinguishable from any other American beer.My review:
What a dumbass, wasteful way to package a single bottle of beer. For the right way to send out alcohol samples. see Stormhoek.
For the money wasted on this stupid package (made in China, by the way) which I will throw out, they should have sent a six-pack of beer.
If you believe that the beer is good, let it speak for itself. If it's good, you don't have to hide it. If it's good, you don't have to send a huge press kit. If it's good, you just lead people to it and let them
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations
- Optimize Content Strategy With Insights From a New Study: NetLine's David Fortino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]