I type this from a Web conference in Boston, where everyone remains obsessed with search engine rankings....
Those of you who know me or have read my columns over the past 12 years know I'm not a big fan of search engine rankings obsession.... In fact, for me the mark of a successful site is a site that if the engines all vanished tomorrow, the site wouldn't notice. Not all sites can get to that point. Many can.
My goal here is to share advice, tips, tactics, and experience based commentary on what does and doesn't work to generate publicty, buzz, links, and awareness for web content. I'll discuss everything from link farms (bad) to social bookmarking (good, sort of) to tagging.
And ok, I will talk about the search engines too, since they are analyzing the links to your site at this very moment, like an IRS auditor, trying to determine if you are cheating. Are you?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Challenges That Product Experience Management (PXM) Can Solve
- The Ultimate Contact Form Checklist and Guide for 2020 [Infographic]
- Three Problems Still Plaguing Online Shopping, and How to Fix Them
- 404 Errors: What Happens When Your Web Page Is Broken [Infographic]
- 10 Examples of the Best Brand-Community Landing Pages