Not the coffee -- truly, I live on the stuff -- but the company....
I was Dead Man Walking (late flight) through Boston's Logan airport last week when I saw a rack of magazines -- the free (mostly business) publications some terminals offer travelers. What caught my eye was the cover story on a trade pub called SellingPower. It was on branding ("How Branding Drives Sales") and the artwork featured -- guess what -- a giant familiar green logo of Starbucks.
Clearly, Starbucks as a company has done a phenomenal job with branding. Is there a bigger branding giant? OK --a bigger branding giant in a cup, then?
But enough already! Is this news? How many articles, speeches, presentations, blog posts, or whatever have talked about branding in the same sentence with Starbucks? Or (for that matter) Apple, Virgin, IKEA or Amazon.
Is anyone else out there driving sales with branding? Sometimes, I'm not entirely sure.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations
- Optimize Content Strategy With Insights From a New Study: NetLine's David Fortino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]